Our world is getting more and more polluted every day. We are causing irreversible damage to our world with many of our production and consumption activities. The textile industry, which has the largest share in the production and consumption sector, is responsible for 20% of environmental pollution.
It is crucial to support sustainable production to minimize the damage caused by the textile industry to nature in the production process. The use of organic materials and the production of textiles from nature-friendly materials are steps that can be taken to protect the world and the environment we live in. In this article, we have examined organic cotton, an environmentally friendly textile material.
What are the Characteristics of Organic Cotton?
- Regulates body temperature; therefore can be worn in all seasons.
- Grown without harmful chemicals.
- Leaves the soil, air, and water free from contaminants that cause harm.
- Produces around 46% less CO2 compared to conventional cotton.
- Uses far less water to grow since it typically utilizes rain.
Organic Cotton at Hammam34
Hammam34 supports sustainable life and works towards fulfilling our responsibilities to protect our nature. We embroider timeless designs on 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton. We are moving forward with the goal of more environmentally friendly, sustainable, and organic production.